While this is the first "American-point" razor we've ever seen, we're already in love. The subtle contoured square point is ideal for trimming and detailing facial hair, while the bevelling on the spine reduces weight and allows for precise work. Add to that a set of Polynesian-esque scales with a tribal stamp, and you've got yourself one badass razor. Tough guys only.
||Solingen Carbon Steel
About Ralf Aust
- All razors are guaranteed shave-ready by our staff.
- For help using your razor, we suggest you take a Straight Razor Shaving Class at one of our stores or feel free to contact us for advice.
- This razor is made from high carbon steel, which is capable of amazing sharpness and great edge retention but requires a little extra care. Be sure to dry your razor well after every use, and oil with Blade Oil or store in a dry place.
- All straight razors must be stropped before use, to straighten burrs and polish the edge for the smoothest shave possible. Be sure to use a good quality strop and accurate technique.
Honing/ Sharpening should be done on Japanese synthetic or natural whetstones. You can bring your blade into a Kent of Inglewood store to be honed, with the first time free on any blades purchased from us. Razor honing classes are also available at your nearest Kent of Inglewood location.
- Raulf Aust is a man with a varied history in german steel manufacturing, with an attention to detail and passion not often seen these days in the world of german blade production. Herr Aust works alone, overseeing every single step of production and honing by hand to ensure a top-notch product.